Have you been thinking about looking into starting a new hobby? Have you always been interested in the study of Pottery? Here are a few facts about olympic kilns, pottery wheels for beginners, or pottery clay for sale before you decide to invest.
1. The three major types of pottery are earthenware, stoneware and porcelain. Though you are by no means limited to these types of materials, you might want to stick to them if you are just getting started.
2. Pottery can be shaped by a range of methods, including hand-shaping, injection molding, casting and throwing on a potter’s wheel.
3. Additives can be worked into the clay body prior to forming, to produce desired effects in the fired wares. Coarse additives such as sand and grog (fired clay which has been finely ground) are sometimes used to give the final product a required texture.
4. It is only after firing n a kiln that the clay article or material becomes pottery.
5. A great part of the history of pottery is prehistoric, part of past pre-literate cultures. Links like this.