If you have always wanted to improve your smile, cosmetic dentistry procedures might be the option for you. But finding the right dentist for dentures or any other kind of aesthetic dentistry can be taxing. Where should you begin? Try these five facts about cosmetic dentistry to get you on your way:
1. Out of all the surfaces in the human body, tooth enamel is the hardest. In addition, tooth enamel also contains the highest percentage of minerals out of any other item in the human body: 96 percent. Still, given its impressive strength, tooth troubles still happen, so what can you do when they strike?
2. Two words: dental implants. This is one of the most power restorative dentistry procedures available today from any dentist for dentures or other tooth treatments. In fact, getting dental implants from a good cosmetic dental clinic can save you a lifetime of grief, literally. When installed correctly, dental implants are good for the rest of your life.
3. That might be true, you might ask, but how do they work? If you need a dentist for dentures or corrective tooth procedures, dental implants might just what what you are looking for. A dentist puts dental implants in the bone socket of where your missing tooth is, then allows the jaw to heal around it for up to 12 weeks. When taken care of properly, these implants have a 98 percent success rate.
4. About 600,000 people found a dentist for dentures or other cosmetic treatment and underwent procedures for dental veneers. A dental veneer is a kind of cover for your teeth made out of restorative material that is placed directly on the surface of a tooth. Some of the most popular veneers are made out of porcelain, though they can also be a composite of dental synthetic resins.
5. It appears that the average American has found a good dentist for dentures and other cosmetic procedures. This can be supported by the data that shows the number of dental implant procedures is growing in the United States by 13 percent every year. It is not just a cosmetic thing, either. Get a better smile and get a better life. Great references here.